JEDCO seeks Economic Development Specialist to join the team
The Jefferson Parish Economic Development Commission (JEDCO) is an independent, yet complimentary arm of Jefferson Parish government with the main objective of attracting, growing, and creating new business in our area. JEDCO’s mission is to proactively influence the economy through the retention and creation of quality jobs, entrepreneurship, and investment in Jefferson Parish.
The Economic Development Specialist position supports JEDCO’s Economic Development Services department by encouraging the retention of existing businesses in Jefferson Parish. The ideal candidate possesses the knowledge, skills, and sincere interest in the Economic Development industry. Prospective applicants will have the chance to work alongside passionate and talented individuals, working to advance the overall economic viability of Jefferson Parish and ultimately the Greater New Orleans region.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement JEDCO’s business retention and expansion program, which includes outreach and assistance to new and existing Jefferson Parish businesses
- Identify and coordinate business development opportunities that retain and create jobs
- Conduct business and economic research to support JEDCO’s programs and in response to varied business inquiries
- Research and retain extensive knowledge of available properties within the parish for business retention and attraction prospects
- Assist implementation of various special projects, with a focus on the EDGE 2020 Strategic Plan
Professional Attributes and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required; Salesforce proficiency beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage complex projects and multiple assignments under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, maintaining a high degree of professionalism to develop relationships with business owners and executives, community leaders, commercial real estate community, and strategic industry partners.
- Planning, public policy, market research, real estate development, or economic development experience preferred
Salary commensurate with credentials. Forward resume and cover letter to JEDCO, Attn: Human Resources, 700 Churchill Parkway, Avondale, LA 70094 or email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted through August 23, 2019. EEO