The JEDCO team continues to monitor the impact of COVID-19. We stand at-the-ready to support our business community. This page will serve as a resource and a guide for Jefferson Parish businesses. It will be updated regularly with new information.
Jefferson Parish Businesses Open for Business
Jefferson Parish COVID-19 Resource Suppliers
LET US KNOW YOUR BUSINESS IS OPEN
JEFFERSON BACK TO BUSINESS
Jefferson Back to Business Plan
Jefferson Parish COVID-19 Resource Suppliers
COVID-19 Resource Supplier Survey
Are you providing PPEs, sneeze guards, cloth masks, medical supplies, sanitizer or other important tools to help businesses protect their employees and their customers? Let us know by filling out the above survey.
a free online platform for regional businesses that provide high-demand products and services for the coronavirus outbreak and post-pandemic recovery.
Guidance from the Louisiana Fire Marshall
GUIDELINES FOR EMPLOYERS – INDUSTRY CHECKLISTS
INDUSTRY CHECKLISTS TO DISPLAY IN YOUR STOREFRONT
Standardized Employee Screening Questionaire
Small Business Loans + Funds
PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM
PPP Forgiveness Application
PPP Loan Forgiveness – New Information for Borrowers and Lenders
Paycheck Protection Program Overview
Updated PPP FAQ Sheet (as of May 13, 2020)
Paycheck Protection Program Borrower Fact Sheet
PPP Lender Information Fact Sheet
Paycheck Protection Program Application
SBA Lenders in Jefferson Parish
COVID-19 Loan Program Comparison
Goldman Sachs funds PPP in New Orleans
JEDCO’s Guide to the CARES Act: A Summary
JEDCO CARES Act Webinar
SBA Lenders in Jefferson Parish
GNO, Inc. CARES Act Binder (PPP+)
Employee Retention Tax Credit
US Chamber of Commerce Guide to the CARES Act Small Business Loans
Avoid CARES Act Scams & Fraudulent Activity – Office of the Inspector General
SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan
Apply for SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan
SBA’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Disaster Relief Lending
SBA Disaster Assistance Resources for Businesses ~ Coronavirus Economic Injury Disaster Loan
ADDITIONAL LOANS AND FUNDING SOURCES
Louisiana Loan Portfolio Guaranty Program
Main Street Lending Program Overview
Save Small Business Fund
Salesforce Care Small Business Grants
United Way of Southeast Louisiana Hospital Cares Pandemic Response Fund
Verizon Small Business Recovery Fund
The Red Backpack Fund for Female Entrepreneurs
Unemployment Support for Employers & Workers Impacted by COVID-19
Unemployment FAQ Sheet – created by GNO, Inc.
Business Resources + Information
GNOpivot is an initiative to help regional companies pivot their standard operations in order to make products or provide services in demand for the fight against Coronavirus. If successful, GNOpivot will both help Louisiana “flatten the curve” of COVID-19 infections, but will also help sustain the Greater New Orleans economy.
WorkNOLA Job Openings during COVID-19 Event
Families First Coronavirus Response Act:Employer Expanded Family and Medical Leave Requirements
COVID-19 Tax Relief
Louisiana Department of Education Child Care Assistance Program
Lepage Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation Mentor Request
Albert Lepage Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation Strategic Advisor Application
Greater New Orleans’s businesses are being forced to quickly adapt with a reduced team and many do not have the resources available to assist them through these times. To address this reality, the Lepage Center is appointing 10 highly qualified Tulane students to serve as strategic advisors who will provide immediate support to businesses in New Orleans for up to 10-week period.
Guidance for Seafood Processors & Dealers
CARES Act Webinar
Recording of webinar hosted on 3/30 by JEDCO & Adams and Reese
Restarting American Small Business – PPP Compliance
Hosted by LSBDC on Friday, May 22, 2020
Paycheck Protection Program – Debt Forgiveness Information
Hosted by Postlethwaite & Netterville on May 20, 2020
Paycheck Protection Program-HCCL
Hosted by Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Louisiana – featuring comments from JEDCO Economic Development Finance Manager Jennifer Lapeyrouse
Small Business Assistance – Entergy
Video recording of webinar hosted on 4/9 by Entergy – featuring community leaders and experts who provided insight and information on small business assistance
Ochsner Employer Network Webinar
Web conference call from April 8, 2020
COVID-19 New Policies New Reality Presentation, Tools & Resources
Webinar hosted by the New Orleans Regional Black Chamber of Commerce and the Society for Human Resources Management
GNO, Inc. Webinar Database
Our partners at Greater New Orleans, Inc. have developed a database of webinar recordings that will be valuable and informative to our businesses at this time.
Prosper Jefferson Webinars
Hosted in partnership with the Jefferson Chamber, the Prosper Jefferson webinars will help our local businesses navigate the new normal. Recorded webinars are available on our Prosper Jefferson web page.
Economic & Government Partner Resources
Jefferson Parish Government
Jefferson Chamber of Commerce – Coronavirus Resources
Jefferson Parish Schools
Jefferson Visitors & Convention Bureau
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PARTNERS
Louisiana Economic Development – Coronavirus Response
Hotline (Mon. – Fri. from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.): 833-457-0531
Greater New Orleans, Inc. – Coronavirus Resources
Louisiana Small Business Development Center – Greater New Orleans Region
SBA District Office – 504-589-6685
Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Louisiana Association of Business & Industry – Coronavirus Resources
US Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Response
US Chamber of Commerce Corporate Aid Tracker
New Orleans Regional Black Chamber of Commerce
Blue Cross Blue Shield LouisianaCox Cable
Postlethwaite & Netterville COVID-19 Resource Center
- Gov. John Bel Edwards announced that the “Stay at Home” order will be lifted on May 15th. The state will move to Phase 1 on May 15th, which will last 21 days.
- Gov. John Bel Edwards extended the “Stay at Home” order to May 15th.
- The federal government provided an additional $320 billion in funds for the Paycheck Protection Program. The Small Business Administration began to accept applications again on Monday, April 27th.
- Gov. John Bel Edwards announced the creation of Resilient Louisiana, a state commission charged with examining Louisiana’s economy amid the COVID-19 pandemic and making recommendations for more resilient business-related activities and commerce in the coming months.
- Businesses can begin applying for the Paycheck Protection Program on Friday, April 3, 2020.
- Congress passed the CARES Act on Friday, March 27th. The $2.2 trillion economic stimulus package will provide support in a variety of ways: forgivable loans to small businesses that maintain payroll; expanded unemployment benefits; adjusted taxdeadlines and provisions; direct payments to individuals and families; economic support for distressed industries; and significant financial support for hospitals and medical institutions, State governments, and Federal agencies.
- President Donald Trump issued a major disaster declaration for Louisiana on March 24. Read more here.
- From now through March 29, 2020, the U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL) invites you to share your ideas on how they can help employers and employees understand their responsibilities and rights, respectively, under the expanded family and medical leave and paid sick leave provisions of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA). Submit ideas here.
- Governor John Bel Edwards issued a statewide “Stay-at-Home” order, which will go into effect Monday, March 23, 2020 at 5:00 pm. Read the full statement here, which includes clarification on essential businesses that are allowed to stay open.
- After much deliberation, JEDCO has chosen to postpone the 2020 JEDCO Challenge powered by Greater Lakeside Corporation indefinitely for the safety and well-being of our community and our team. We hope to host the event at a later date this year.
- JEDCO will maintain normal office hours at this time. However, for the safety and health of our community, the JEDCO offices will not be open to the public until further notice. Instead, we encourage you to reach out to our staff via phone or email. We look forward to continued support of our business community.
- The health and safety of our community is paramount during this uncertain time. As such, JEDCO and the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce together decided to postpone the upcoming Prosper Jefferson seminar in March with plans to reschedule later in the year. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
STAY AT HOME ORDER – IN EFFECT AS OF MONDAY 3/23/2020
Stay at Home Order
Essential Businesses Allowed to Continue Operating
Developing a Telework Security Policy
Best Practices and Tips for the Workplace
My Employee Tested Positive for COVID-19. Now What?
Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019
Workplace Tips for Employees
Guidelines for Employers: Planning & Responding to COVID-19
OSHA: Guidance for Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
Business Pandemic Planning Checklist
Business Resiliency Planning
Corporate Aid Tracker
Maritime Industry Resources
Contact JEDCO at 504-875-3908 if you have additional questions. Our team stands at the ready to support you!