Thirty years ago, a group of forward-thinking visionaries helped to bring the Jefferson Parish Economic Development Commission to life. Since that time, JEDCO has played a vital role in enhancing the economic vitality of the Jefferson Parish community. This internationally accredited economic development organization has attracted global businesses, like Dyno Nobel and the Smoothie King International Headquarters, to Jefferson Parish while also placing a significant focus on business retention and expansion.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Over the last 30 years, JEDCO’s economic development services department ran 1,220 demographic reports and received over 8,800 Marketing Database Requests and 2,220 Real Estate Database Requests
- JEDCO financed 466 projects with a total project value of over $317 million
- JEDCO featured 23 startup companies from a diverse range of industries through the JEDCO Challenge pitch competition, which was launched in 2013
- 126 different people have served on the JEDCO Board of Commissioners. 30 of those individuals were named Chairmen (and women) of the Board
JEDCO has had a huge impact on the Jefferson Parish business community over the years.
- In 2000, the organization launched the Jefferson EDGE, the Parish’s long-term economic development strategic plan. Many important initiatives and projects came out of this plan, including the development of the Churchill Technology and Business Park, the revitalization of Fat City, and the newly-released Housing Stock Enhancement Strategic Plan.
- JEDCO was accredited through the International Economic Development Council in 2008 and has maintained its accreditation status since then. This prestigious honor is shared by only 57 economic development organizations throughout North America.
- In 2004, JEDCO’s Business Retention & Expansion Program received international recognition for its excellence. Many JEDCO employees have received awards and recognitions for their individual impacts on the community over the years. Most recently, Vice President Lacey Bordelon was named to the New Orleans CityBusiness Women of the Year Class of 2017.
JEDCO is so proud of the work we’ve done to support our local business community. On September 13, 2017, our team will celebrate its successes with an evening reception at the Jefferson Performing Arts Center. We look forward to celebrating with our many supporters, partners and collaborators!
Cheers to 30 years!
A big thank you to our #JEDCO30 Sponsors: Peoples Health, Jefferson Financial Credit Union, 1st Lake Properties, IBERIABANK, Jefferson Business Council, Laitram, Renaissance Publishing/Biz New Orleans, Xplore Federal Credit Union, Adams and Reese, Cox Communications, Daul Insurance, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Louisiana, Home Bank, Mike Yenni, & Select Properties