JEDCO seeks Strategic Initiatives Specialist
The Strategic Initiatives Specialist is responsible for coordinating strategic initiatives and special focus projects for the Jefferson Parish Economic Development Commission (JEDCO). The ideal candidate has the ability to multitask and coordinate multiple projects; is well organized, professional, courteous, and a creative and analytical thinker; and has a sincere interest in being a part of an organization whose focus is on public service and the betterment of Jefferson Parish. Prospective applicants will have the chance to work alongside passionate and talented individuals to advance the overall economic viability of Jefferson Parish and the Greater New Orleans region.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and implement a variety of strategic initiatives under Jefferson Parish’s economic development strategic plan, the Jefferson EDGE 2020, including but not limited to Jefferson Parish’s housing stock enhancement strategic plan, implementation of the master plan for Churchill Technology & Business Park, and other major EDGE initiatives;
- Implement JEDCO’s economic development programs in special focus areas, districts, and municipalities;
- Pursue targeted business prospects through JEDCO’s business attraction and recruitment strategy;
- Research and track relevant economic development policies and programs on federal, state, and local levels that may impact Jefferson Parish, and identify and pursue grant and other funding opportunities to support special projects;
- Coordinate meetings and events that advance strategic initiatives and represent JEDCO at pertinent economic development meetings and events;
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Attributes and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in planning, policy, economic development, community development, or related field; or minimum 2 years of experience and Master’s degree in related field.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal government functioning.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs required.
- Experience with grant application and/or administration preferred.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Salary commensurate with credentials. Forward resume and cover letter to JEDCO, Attn: Human Resources, 700 Churchill Parkway, Avondale, LA 70094 or email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted through COB September 28, 2018. EEO.
The Jefferson Parish Economic Development Commission (JEDCO) is an independent, yet complementary arm of Jefferson Parish government with the main objective of attracting, growing, and creating new business in our area. JEDCO’s mission is to proactively influence the economy through the retention and creation of quality jobs, entrepreneurship, and investment in Jefferson Parish.