Are you ready for Small Business Saturday and beyond?
It is now officially the holiday season and we know that for many of our residents, that also means we are in the holiday shopping season. This year, holiday shopping season is critical. It is more important than ever for businesses to attract customers and make sales in the midst of a challenging year. This weekend is a BIG shopping weekend and we want to help your business be prepared.
As part of the Spend Local JP initiative, JEDCO has partnered with a variety of businesses and organizations that offer tools and resources to help businesses elevate their brands in the midst of this holiday season. There are a number of ways that your business can engage.
- Small Business Saturday: Is your business participating in Small Business Saturday? If so, be sure to fill out this short form by our partners at Stay Local! to be included on a regional map of all businesses that offering special deals this weekend! This is a great way to be sure that shoppers are aware of your offerings and your engagement on Small Business Saturday! Even after Small Business Saturday is over, Stay Local is a great resource to list your holiday deals. It’s free, easy and could provide great benefits for your business!
- Shop Local NOLA: Speaking of free directories, be sure to claim your FREE listing on this new business directory. In addition, Shop Local NOLA is offering a special Holiday Promotion to encourage local spending and engage with local businesses. Be sure to check them out!
- Easy Marketing Tips: Earlier this month, JEDCO and the Jefferson Chamber hosted a Prosper Jefferson webinar on holiday marketing. Our expert speakers offered a wide variety of tips and tools that are easy to integrate into your marketing strategy to help attract and retain customers over the holidays. We also talked about the value of having visually appealing gift cards. You can watch the full webinar here.
- Engage: Social media is a great place to promote special deals that you’re offering this weekend and beyond. Use the hashtags #SpendLocalJP and #shopsmall to join ongoing conversations around holiday shopping online. Be sure to engage with your customers and respond to their social media comments and posts. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
- Visit the Spend Local JP Website: There are SO MANY ways that JEDCO and our partners can help elevate your business during the holiday season and beyond. Whether it’s our Spend Local Spotlight or an opportunity to be a guest on the Jefferson Parish Pulse podcast, we’re constantly coming up with new ways to show off the amazing businesses based in our community. spendlocaljp.org
Did you know that for every dollar spent locally, 67% stays in the community for things like infrastructure, schools and drainage? Spending local has long-term benefits for both the business AND your quality of life.
If you’re a resident who wants to spread some holiday cheer this season, please consider showing some of your favorite local brands and businesses some love by shopping at their stores, tagging them on social media, and letting other people know why you’re shopping local over the holidays. Help us raise awareness about the importance of taking care of our local businesses. This holiday season, everybody has a part to play!
To all of our local business owners and employees, and the the shoppers who are supporting them, we wish you a wonderful holiday season!